Capacitar Practices for Crisis Response
Ukraine and Eastern Europe
Over the years, Capacitar has supported people in civil and environmental crises around the world with body based healing practices. The following practices have been vetted for your use and sharing in response to the war and refugee crises in Ukraine and Eastern Europe. Capacitar has arranged for translations of these powerful and effective practices in several languages. To see a video of the practices (English only), proceed to Wellness Videos for Self Care below the Covid-19 section.
Links to download:
- Capacitar Emergency Kit of Best Practices (English, Ukrainian, Russian, Romanian, Polish, Hungarian)
- Practices of Healing – Switching – To center and balance the mind and body (English, Ukrainian, Russian, Romanian, Polish, Hungarian)
Covid – 19
Capacitar’s wellness practices give people simple tools they can use in the moment to manage the emotional challenges of Covid-19 (such as, fear, anxiety, panic, depression), as well as some of the physical symptoms related to the virus (chest-lung congestion, muscle pain, immune system response, low energy). See the wellness bulletins and videos for various practices.
Wellness Bulletins for Self-Care
Capacitar has published a series of wellness bulletins in different languages that offer a variety of practices that can be used for self-care and shared with family, friends and communities.
Links to download:
- Practices of Healing #1 Transforming Anxiety & Fear-Fingerholds (English, German, Japanese, Indonesian, Spanish)
- Practices of Healing #2 Transforming Anxiety & Fear-Tapping (English, German, Japanese, Indonesian, Spanish)
- Practices of Healing #3 Centering & Protection (English, German, Japanese, Indonesian, Spanish)
- Practices of Healing #4 Centering with Switching (English, German, Japanese, Indonesian, Spanish, Scottish Gaelic)
- Practices of Healing #5 Protection with Hand Mudras (English, German, Japanese, Indonesian, Spanish)
- Practices of Healing #6 Transforming Grief (English, German, Japanese, Indonesian, Spanish)
- Practices of Healing #7 Practices for Children & Families (English, German, Japanese, Indonesian, Spanish)
- Capacitar Spring 2020 Newsletter with many practices (English, German, Japanese, Indonesian, Spanish)
Wellness Videos for Self-Care (Links)
Capacitar has produced wellness videos of practices that are helpful for self-care and use with others. Clicking on these links will take you to each video on the Capacitar International YouTube Channel.
- Fingerholds for Managing Emotions
- Capacitar Immune System Boost: To Support The Body’s Resistance and Immunity
- Acupressure for Anger and Frustration
- Capacitar Pain Drain To Handle Physical and Emotional Pain
- Capacitar Switching To Calm and Center the Body
- Acupressure Points to Manage Anxiety and Fear
- Capacitar Holds to Calm and Relax the Body, Mind and Spirit
- Capacitar Hand Positions for Protection and Self Care
- Capacitar Emotional Freedom Tapping
- Acupressure for Body Symptoms, Pain and Congestion
- Capacitar Practices for Children and Families
- Capacitar Practices for Managing Grief
- Covid Handwashing the Capacitar Way!
- Spanish: Agarrar Los Dedos Para Manejar Las Emociones
- Spanish: Puntos de Acupresión Para Enojo y Frustración
- Spanish: Visualizacion del Lugar Sagrado y Seguro
Use these practices for yourself when life gets overwhelming. Teach them to your children who are home from school, to your elders who are anxious or sick, to your neighbors who may feel isolated or alone. Reach out to those who have few resources or have lost their job because of the current crisis.
This is a unique moment on our planet when the human family can become more aware of the greatness of our hearts and spirits. From Richard Hendrick’s poem…
All over the world
People are waking up to a new reality,
To how big we really are. . .
To what really matters.